This green smoothie packs a huge punch—it increases energy, helps to reduce inflammation, aids in detoxification and digestion, helps to balance hormones and provides a mood lift! I begin my days with this powerhouse smoothie as closure to intermittent fasting and find that it helps to energize my whole day. It also keeps me full for hours and tastes DELICIOUS! Interesting fact: Did you know that the “chewing” your smoothie helps to get your digestive fluids in play, aids in upping metabolism and keeping your blood glucose levels steady. This smoothie is also great for those of us that have the MTHFR gene (which changes the way your body metabolizes nutrients into active vitamins, minerals, and proteins your body can use) because it helps us to detoxify, among other things.
- 2 small handfuls Spinach (can substitute Kale, Romaine or Bibb Lettuce or a combination)
- 1/2 small Green Apple (can substitute pear)
- 1-2 stalks Celery
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/2 Banana (optional: I don’t use banana everyday, but find benefit from the probiotics)
- 2 TBS Cilantro
- 2 TBS Parsley
- 2 tsp Grated Ginger
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon & Lime
- Coconut Water or Plain Water
- Supplements (add whatever works for you) (I use: 1 tsp maca powder, 1 tsp flax seeds, 1 tsp chia seeds, 1 tsp cordyceps)
Blend all ingredients. I use a NutriBullet and it is my best friend! https://www.nutribullet.com Helpful hint: You can pre-measure most of the ingredients and place in individual freezer bags or containers to make your morning prep and routine quick and easy! I freeze everything with the exception of the lemon and lime, water and supplements and just add those to the blender. Very easy to make and run! Enjoy! Here’s to your health!
– The Giggling Guinea Pig